Sunday 27 January 2013

All dressed up with nowhere to go

So today was supposed to be date day. After speaking to a guy for a week we decided to meet up for coffee (his idea) and today was suposed to be the day. I thought I'd better make an effort and at least wash my hair for once (not sure today was a day for dry shampoo). After spending longer than usual perfecting my cat eye flicks, attempting to hide all my spots and putting on my new dress I get a text from him saying he had to cancel.

Now, I'm pretty new to this whole dating thing so wasn't sure what to wear. But here's what I decided on anyway........ let me know what you think......


Dress: River Island, Boots: Topshop (old)
 Necklace: Topshop

This River Island dress is not a normal buy for me. I've always been more of a jeans or shorts kinda girl but am slowly but surely getting in touch with my girly side. One of my new loves is teaming girly things with chunky boots and vampy lips. I've tended to stay away from dresses like this as they seem to cling to me in all the wrong places but this one was a pleasant surprise. After being convinced to try it on by my sister I didn't want to take it off! It's so easy to wear, I think I'll layer it next time with a black jumper and dark red lips.

Anyway, his loss was my gain. I spent a lovely afternoon with my sister and her other half in the cinema. How can you feel sorry for yourself when you're watching The Hobbit with 2 scoops of your favorite Ben and Jerry's?!

Who needs a man anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment