Saturday 30 March 2013

Red and Yellow and Pink and Green

For those of you who know me, you'll be well aware of the fact that I haven't had "normal" coloured hair since I was about 14. I've gone from red highlights in my tender early years (I thought I was CRAZY), to bright red, to platinum blonde, to accidental orange, to hot pink, to lilac and back to an orangey peach.










My hair has always been open to comment from friends, colleagues and randoms. Some love it and some hate it. I often get asked what my next colour is going to be but recently my hair has become so damaged Ill be sticking to my peachy orange hues.


Now

I've never wanted a "normal" hair colour (I couldn't even tell you what my natural colour is!!) .......untill now. Recently I've been craving a brown and blonde ombre / dip dye and everywhere I look girls around the world are rocking the trend. It has that 90s grungy feel (and I wouldn't have to dye my roots! Heaven!) that looks effortlesly "cool".


Source: Blogspot
Caroline Flack. Source: Headkandy

Sienna Miller. Source: Glamour

This desire to look a little more "normal" (there's that word again) has been hightened by a comment made to me this weekend.

Whilst at one of the best friends in the whole world's wedding party a guy I hadn't seen for years decided to ask "aren't you a bit old for hair THAT colour?" To which I replied "I'm not as old as you" and walked off (wishing I could have thought of a much more witty retort!) However, it got me thinking, is 28 too old to have bright, "un-natural" coloured hair?!

Say rainbow coloured hair and you'll probably think of  Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Pixie Geldof and Ellie Goulding. All of which are in their mid to late 20s and rocking it! I wonder if anyone would dare to ask them if they were too old to have hair THAT colour?!


Katy Perry looking hot with pink rose coloured locks. Source: Glamour

Just one of Gaga's many colours <3. Source: Glamour
Ellie Goulding looking sweet in pastel pink. Source:  lobotomytoall


Kelly Osbourne matching her lipstick to hair hair. Source: Grazia

Pixie Geldof looking tropical in orange. Source: Glamour

Come to think of it there are women who are a lot older then me looking amazing with hair all colours of the rainbow. It begs the question, are we ever too old to have hair THAT colour?
Vivienne Westwood looking stunning. Source: Westwood

Cindy Lauper looking Gagaesque. Source: Last.fm 

Julie Verhoeven who thinks her natural colour is a "horrible dead brown". Source: Getty Images
Juliette Lewis rocking the red. Source: Getty Images




No comments:

Post a Comment